NEW! Ensure Sticky Learning with Non-Traditional Reinforcement Certificate
A Series of 3 Online Sessions Starting August 9, 2023!
Register Early! Course size is limited.
Does your training fail to stick despite your strongest efforts? Are increasing workloads and packed schedules imposing barriers to providing on the go learning needed for today’s hybrid workforce? If your retraining and upskilling are at a critical stage, you’re not alone, and the solution may be as close as the nearest mobile phone or laptop. In this certificate, we’ll explore how to deliver support and reinforcement programs produced in manageable bites, giving your learners a chance to reflect and apply lessons without disruption to workflow. We will learn to use four common drip delivery platforms; blogs, chat-bots, Teams/Slack and email to demonstrate the combined value of chunked spaced content and self-directed microlearning content, which improves learning retention and content application.
This is a hands-on, project-based course. Bring a potential use-case to use as a course project. We will make active use of case studies, collaboration tools, and peer reviews to address your real-world problems and explore tools and methods to help your learning stick. You will leave with new content and tool ideas to design, prototype, and build drip content that has real impact and adds business value.
- You will receive a workbook to help you plan your conversational learning process and determine your learning reinforcement content map.
- A template you can use in your daily work to make designing learning reinforcement easier and ensure sticky success!
- A break down of different mobile and other learning tools that can assist you in mapping the right learning to the right tools.
- And, you'll participate in a “share-case” with peers to show off your finished project.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of instructional design methods, and experience in course creation would be helpful, bring a potential use-case to use as a course project.
Technical Needs: You must have the ability to access Zoom. You may wish to use a personal computer for this course if your organization has strict third-party regulations. (i.e. doesn't allow for Google docs, access to Slack, or other collaborative tools) if you wish to fully participate in the course.
Who Should Attend:
Instructional designers, Training Managers and L&D professionals who struggle with making learning stick.
- Dig deeper into the planning stage to determine if the problem you are solving fits into a spaced learning approach.
- Work your project by applying the concept of story-telling and conversational spaced learning delivery to your current curriculum.
- Focus on constructing "human-centered learning outcomes" to build motivation and avoid content bloat and cognitive overload.
- Develop a foundational spaced learning content map for your project to use as a template for future learning designs.
- Analyze use cases between four different learning reinforcement platforms to build into your content designs.
- Research different delivery tools that will give your learning efforts the best chance for success.
In this certificate, you will learn to:
- Take close look at the planning stage to help you determine if you are addressing a problem that fits within the context of spaced learning.
- Applying story-telling techniques and map conversational content to help achieve "human-centered" learning outcomes and managing participant cognitive overload.
- Put the final touches on your dripped learning content map and determining which delivery tools will give your efforts the best chance for success.
You will receive a workbook to help you plan your conversational learning process and determine your learning reinforcement content map, a template
you can use in your daily work to make designing learning reinforcement easier and ensure sticky success and a list of which will assist you in mapping the right learning to the correct tools.
Instructional Approach: This is a hands-on, project-based course. We will make active use of case studies, collaboration tools, and peer reviews to address your real-world problems and explore tools and methods to help your learning stick.
Session Assignments includes pre-work, "in-between session" reflections and research, creation of content map during sessions.
During this certificate, you will participate in the following three (3) sessions:
Using the provided workbook and templates we will:
- Explore the learning science behind space and dripped learning.
- Compare and contrast the commonly used dripped learning delivery systems including:
c. Text messaging
e. Social Enterprise Networks i.e. Slack, Teams, Facebook for Work
- Develop your root-cause analysis skills to determine how dripped learning can help reach business goals.
- Use the targeted training model to determine the following:
a. Determining the ideal target audience
b. Determine the hyper-focus action outcomes
c. Identify the performance gap.
Session 2: Develop story-telling skills and map conversational content to help achieve "human-centered" learning outcomes and manage participant cognitive overload.
- Dive into story-telling and game mechanics as it applies to developing conversational learning maps.
- Using the provided template, apply story telling concepts to conversational drip delivery to case study.
- Write targeted “human-centered” learning outcomes specifically to align with dripped content.
- Apply “content deconstruction” concepts to write targeted conversational content to prevent content bloat and cognitive overload to your personal business challenge.
You will put the final touches on your dripped learning content map and determine which delivery tools will give your efforts the best chance for success and:
- Review use-case examples of how to apply drip-feeds in your organization.
- Analyze the different use-cases between different drip delivery platforms.
- Plan your final content map according to your selected tool.
- Share-Case! Share your work and receive peer feedback.
Using a given scenario, through exercises and your own personal use case, you will leave with new content and tool ideas to design, prototype and build drip content that has real impact and adds business value.
Chief Learning Rebel, Learning Rebels LLC
AUGUST 2023 COURSE DATES:
Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Each session is 90 minutes in length
All sessions start at 12:00 noon Eastern Time (New York time).
See below for the time of the sessions listed in various time zones:
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am Pacific Time (PT)
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am Mountain Time (MT)
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Central Time (CT)
- 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm Eastern Time (ET) For times in other cities, visit this link.
All sessions are recorded. In order to earn your Certificate of Completion, you must log in for and participate in each live course and successfully complete any homework assignments by specified deadlines. Recordings of sessions are intended for review purposes only.
Early Bird Registration 30+ days prior to course start date: $645
Registration within 30 days of course start date: $795
Train as a Team and Save!
For questions on group discounts please go here.
IMPORTANT - You'll participate in online and collaborative activities in a number of ways, each designed to provide a unique means to interact and learn from experts and colleagues. All course delivery software operates at Internet connection speeds of 56.6 kbps or better, on PC, Mac and Unix platforms. Courses will use teleconferencing or VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol.) The login instructions emailed to you approximately one week prior to the start of the course will outline platform use as well as any headset requirements or suggestions. Each registrant must provide their own laptop or desktop computer and other equipment (such as a headset, if noted in your login instructions) in order to fully and successfully participate in the course. Please test your login information a minimum of 48 hours in advance on your course start date on the computer you will be using for the course.
ATD Initial Eligibility and Recertification
Training Magazine Certificates have been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. For questions on initial eligibility and recertification, visit this link.
This program has been approved for a maximum of 4.5 points.
Certificate of Completion and eBadge
After successfully completing your certificate program, you will receive a professionally produced Certificate of Completion and an eBadge. eBadges are transforming how your hard-earned achievements are recognized, shared and rewarded. You can showcase eBadges in your email signature or on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.