If you leave your desk everyday frustrated by what you've accomplished and what's left to be done, this is the certificate you've been waiting for! Learn how to juggle your projects and get more done with less rework. Whether working on online or live course development, LMS implementation, or new process design, this certificate will teach you a simple, minimal process with techniques to get more done with less help. You'll learn how to start a project correctly, build a simple and flexible project schedule, manage the insanity of your projects, end a project, and improve your own project management strength through quick post-project reviews.This program will provide you with tools that will work with software you already have, completely consistent with the guidelines set by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Bring your gnarliest project with you. This certificate will be hands-on, and you will learn each technique by using it for your project. You will work on one of your own real projects, and create a Project Charter and Project Schedule with feedback from peers in the program. You will complete this certificate with your project ready to roll, a great network, and a job aid to use for the next successful project.
Bonus Items: You will also receive a quick technique job aid to help you remember what you've learned and show others how to get better at project management back at the office.
Eight (8) Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs) are available when you successfully complete this certificate. For questions on PDUs contact the course presenter here.
Program Details: In this four-part live online certificate, you will learn and apply to real work the practical skills and techniques you need to successfully define, plan, manage and review multiple projects with diverse stakeholders. This certificate provides simple, visual approaches for project budget, schedule and quality success. You'll complete the course with one of your real projects polished and ready to begin!
Who Should Attend: This certificate program is for anyone interested in doing more with less. As workload increases and technology chases us 24/7, this program will help you organize your work, manage the hand-offs with others and leave work feeling less overwhelmed. If you leave your desk everyday frustrated by what you've accomplished and what's left to be done, this is the content you've been waiting for.
In this certificate you will learn to:
- Differentiate between a process, project and task.
- Clarify the responsibilities of a Project Sponsor, Project Manager and Project Stakeholders.
- Create a Project Charter in less than 45 minutes including tools that clarify ROI, scope, metrics, risk mitigation, constraints, communication planning and project governance.
- Create a Project Schedule by working back from a fixed date.
- Regulate your own stress as the project progresses so you make the best decisions as the insanity kicks in.
- Influence and communicate with diverse Stakeholders and follow the rule "Bad News Early is Good News".
- Practice flexible structure: at all times have a plan AND be ready to adapt it to ensure success.
- End a project even when the Stakeholders are adding new things.
- Use emotion-based Post-Project Review techniques to grow project management competence in your self and others.
SESSION 1 – Start Well to End Well
- Frustrated? Why?
- What is a process, project and task?
- Clarifying the roles of the Project Sponsor, Project Manager and Stakeholders
- Establishing the business ROI for a project
- Creating a Scope Diagram
Homework : Complete a Scope Diagram for your project
SESSION 2 – Bad News Early is Good News
- The nuances and power of the Scope Diagram
- Building project metrics
- Mitigating risk
- Establishing the constraints
- Building a communication and governance plan.
Homework : Create a Project Charter in less than 45 minutes for your project
SESSION 3 – No News is Bad News
- Establishing the milestones
- Creating the Project Schedule
- EQ and Decision Making
- Influencing Stakeholders to Consensus
Homework: Create a strategy for regulating the most likely triggers for your stress.
SESSION 4 – Flexible Structure
- Monitoring and using the Project Schedule
- If you are out of time and money, now what?
- Ending Well
- Post-Project Review options
2017 Course Dates:
We have no remaining 2017 course dates. Looking for 2018 course dates? Go here.
- Session 1: Coming in 2018!
- Session 2: Coming in 2018!
- Session 3: Coming in 2018!
- Session 4: Coming in 2018!
Each session is 1.5 hours in length. This course is comprised of four (4) live online sessions. In addition, there will be approximately 1 hour of homework prior to each session. The course presenter will be available for help through email and phone throughout the program.
All sessions start at 12:00 noon Eastern Time (New York time). See below for the time of the sessions listed in various time zones:
- 9:00 am - 10:30 am Pacific Time (PT)
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am Mountain Time (MT)
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Central Time (CT)
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Eastern Time (ET)
For times in other cities, visit this link. All sessions are recorded. In order to earn your Certificate of Completion, you must log in for and participate in each live course and successfully complete any homework assignments by specified deadlines. Recordings of sessions are intended for review purposes only.
2017 Course Rates:
Register Early. Course size is limited.
- Early-Bird Registration 30+ days prior to course start date: $845
- Registration within 30 days of course start date: $995
Train as a Team and Save!
For questions on group discounts, call 612.340.4742, or contact us for details.
IMPORTANT - You'll participate in online and collaborative activities in a number of ways, each designed to provide a unique means to interact and learn from experts and colleagues. All course delivery software operates at Internet connection speeds of 56.6 kbps or better, on PC, Mac and Unix platforms. Programs will use teleconferencing or VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol.) The login instructions emailed to you approximately one week prior to the start of the course will outline platform use as well as any headset requirements or suggestions. Each registrant must provide their own laptop or desktop computer and other equipment (such as a headset) in order to fully and successfully participate in the course. Please test your login information a minimum of 48 hours in advance on your course start date on the computer you will be using for the course.