Ray Jimenez, author, 3-Minute e-Learning, Scenario-Based Learning: Using Stories to Engage e-Learners; Do-it-Yourself e-Learning: 100 Ways to Simplify Design and Development and the upcoming book Story and Experience-Based Impacts: Using Stories and Experiences to Impact Learning and Performance. Ray is the systems architect for Vignettes Learning and Training Magazine Network .
Workplace learners are savvier, busier, and more prone to multi-tasking than ever before. In their media-rich world it's more and more difficult to reach this increasingly demanding and cynical audience with the traditional instructional learning typically found in classrooms, e-learning and mobile learning. However, storytelling has been rediscovered as a powerful tool to help us make sense of the daily data barrage we encounter at work--and increase learning recall, involvement, and application. This certificate will help you design, implement, and deliver Story and Experienced-Based Learning and inject them into your programs. You will learn the skills, steps, processes, and tools to implement this inexpensive and effective learning initiative. This program is non-software specific and focuses on practical tips to get you started with effective storytelling immediately while enhancing your competitive advantage and upgrading your training and learning department’s capacities.
Story and Experience-Based Learning is an approach in which instructional designers and facilitators work together to convert learning objectives into small, provocative and memorable learning themes and stories. Learners are engaged because these stories are relatable and they get to share and contribute their own stories and experiences. This results in highly interactive and rich experiential learning in which you can achieve a 99.9% audience participation and interaction.
In this certificate, you’ll assess your own story weaving skills, acquire new skills to create and facilitate stories for your learning environment and explore the steps, processes and tools to immediately implement an inexpensive and effective learning initiative.
Bonus Items! You will receive Ray Jimenez’s e-book Story and Experience-Based Impacts: Using Stories and Experiences to Impact Learning.
Register 30 days prior to the course start date and you will receive 10 Vignettes Story templates (valued at more than $1000) like these. These valuable templates include the source files for images, audio and script you can reuse for your in-house programs.
You'll learn to:
- Understand the social and cognitive sciences and business impacts of Story and
Experience -Based Learning.
- Search and create conversation maps to determine the connections between learning objectives and stories and experiences.
- Convert learning and performance objectives into small and provocative stories and themes.
- Apply Story and Experience-Based Learning to multiple topic areas including leadership, sales, support, business processes, compliance, manufacturing, innovation, problem solving and others.
- Facilitate and weave the learning process to produce 99.9% participation and interaction.
- Implement the seven story models in engaging learners.
- Implement Story and Experience Based Learning in the classroom, e-learning and mobile learning.
- Select from the best, cheapest and easiest software options.
- Use socio metrics to gauge the success of Story and Experience-Based Learning initiatives.
- Track business impacts by using experience-based benchmarks.
You will also receive the following resource implementation checklists:
- Examples and templates of 7 story models.
- Template creating conversation maps.
- Template presentation ROI project plan and many others.
10 Reasons Why You Should Attend this Certificate:
- Become a more effective trainer, designer and leader who can meet the needs of all generations of learners.
- Learn to leverage learners’ stories and experiences.
- Develop instant and rapid ways to deliver training at the lowest possible cost.
- Learn the step-by-step process of implementing story and experience-driven learning.
- Learn how to select the right software solution.
- Apply the 7 models in story building.
- Learn about your facilitator and story-weaving skills through a self-assessment checklist.
- Demonstrate to your leaders the business impacts of story and experience sharing.
- Enhance your competitive advantage.
- Upgrade your training and learning department’s capacities.
Who Should Participate:
This is designed for senior leaders, project leaders, writers, content designers, SMEs, trainers, classroom lecturers or eLearning designers and facilitators.
Participants to the workshop should have an exposure to e-learning programs and have been involved in learning design, development and delivery.
This course is comprised of three live online sessions. Plus there will be approximately two hours of pre-work before the first session. Each session is a combination of presentations by the instructor, previews of demos and examples, individual and group activities and applications, discussions and sharing.
Spring 2013: This online certificate program is coming soon! Check back for dates or contact us and we'll email you new dates at they become available.
Session #1: To Be Determined
Session #2: To Be Determined
Session #3: To Be Determined
RAIN DATE: To Be Determined (The 'Rain Date' is a date to reserve on your calendar. It will be used in the unlikely event that an earlier session can not run as planned due to technical difficulties or a speaker emergency.)
All sessions will last 3 hours. The first two hours being instructor-led. The remaining one hour will consist of self-driven time where you will have the opportunity to do your projects and homework on your own. An online collaboration tool will be provided to share from everyone's projects and interactions.
All sessions start at 1:00 pm Eastern Time (ET, New York time). Here is the time of the sessions listed for various time zones:
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (PT)
- 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Mountain Time (MT)
- 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Central Time (CT)
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Eastern Time (ET)
For times in other cities, visit this link. All sessions are recorded. In order to earn your Certificate of Completion, you must log in for and participate in each live course and successfully complete any homework assignments by specified deadlines. Recordings of sessions are intended for review purposes only.
Live sessions will be recorded for those who wish to go back and review or who must miss a live session. Participants are expected to participate in every meeting plus perform the pre-workshop activity.
Register for this certificate program now to reserve a virtual seat. See below.
* Early-Bird Registration 30+ Days Prior to Course Start: US $745
Registration within 30 Days of Course Start: US $895
Train as a Team and Save!
For questions on group discounts, call 612.340.4742, or contact contact us for details.
* Register 30 days prior to the course start date and you will receive 10 Vignettes Story templates (valued at more than $1000) like these. These valuable templates including the source files for images, audio and script you can reuse for your in-house programs.
Course Equipment (IMPORTANT)
You'll participate in online and collaborative activities in a number of ways, each designed to provide a unique means to interact and learn from experts and colleagues. All course delivery software operates at Internet connection speeds of 56.6 kbps or better, on PC, Mac and Unix platforms. Programs will use teleconferencing or VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol.) The login instructions emailed to you approximately one week prior to the start of the course will outline platform use as well as any headset requirements or suggestions. Each registrant must provide their own laptop or desktop computer and other equipment (such as a headset) in order to fully and successfully participate in the course. Please test your login information a minimum of 48 hours in advance on your course start date on the computer you will be using for the course.